MICAH 5:2 Complete Jewish Bible

Micah 5:1... Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

But you, Beit-Lechem near Efrat,so small among the clans of Y’hudah,out of you will come forth to me the future ruler of Isra’el,whose origins are far in the past, back in ancient times.

Neither is there SALVATION in any other; for there is NO OTHER NAME+ under Heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Acts 4:12

That at the NAME of YESHUA+ every knee shall bow, of beings in Heaven, beings in earth, and beings under the earth; and that every tongue should proclaim that YESHUA+ MASHIYACH+ is LORD, to the Glory of ALAHA, His+ FATHER.
Philippians 2:10-11

ARCHIVES AND OLDER POSTS MOVED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.




Monday, December 4, 2017

#2 -- Advent Meditations --- Refusing RE-DIRECTION ?




WHY DID HIS+ OWN PEOPLE NOT RECEIVE HIM+ ? 
IT WAS SIMPLE: THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE CORRECTED. THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE STOPPED. THEY LIKED THE WAY THEY WERE LIVING.









ADVENT MEDITATIONS
to remember the Incarnation of the LORD JESUS CHRIST,
EMMANUEL ~  GOD with us.

HE+ came unto His+ own,
and His+ own received HIM+ not.
John 1:11

What have we done with HIM+?

Why did His+ own people not receive HIM ? It was simple: they did not want to be STOPPED.  They did not want to be CORRECTED.  

They did not wish their lives to be interrupted . . . not too much.  They did not wish to be re-directed in their pursuits of livelihood and family.


From high to low, they did not want HIS Will but their own.

So, from high to low, they devised schemes to circumvent the Will of GOD and to establish their own will. 

Their own wills --- and ours --- are always AGAINST the FATHER.  Theirs --- and ours --- always work to evince SELF.

The educated theologians of that day engineered many devises and schemes to justify their avoidance of GOD'S WILL as revealed in His Word.  

From the corban cheat to minute herbal tithes, their schemes only fooled themselves because GOD knew their hearts.  So did those who were victims of their laundering deals.

Sadly enough, they KNEW The Word of GOD. 

Now, note this well:  their clever schemes WIPED AWAY any witness to any other persons they might have given for The LORD  . . . regardless of how well they knew The Word of GOD. 

Knowing is not obedience. Attendance at the Temple is not obedience.  Keeping the feasts is not obedience. 


Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto ME;
the new moons and sabbaths,
the calling of assemblies,
I cannot away with; it is iniquity,
even the solemn meeting.

Your new moons and your appointed feasts My soul hateth:
they are a trouble unto ME; I am weary to bear them.

And when ye spread forth your hands,
I will hide mine eyes from you:
yea, when ye make many prayers,
I will not hear:
your hands are full of blood.
Isaiah 1: 13 -15

 Even keeping the Law holds no guarantee IF IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE HEART.

The theologians of that day , knowing the Word of GOD, did NOT allow it to CHANGE them.  They did not allow the Law to PIERCE their hearts.

They received NO CORRECTION.

DO WE

In short, their character did NOT REFLECT HIS Character.

Does OURS ?

 His+ own received HIM+ not ... 
+  +  +

 How shall we escape,
if we neglect so great Salvation;
which at the first began to be spoken by The LORD,
and was confirmed unto us by them that heard HIM+;
Hebrews 2:3

 
O MERCIFUL EMMANUEL !

Have mercy upon me, O Emmanuel, and help me to bring my life in line with Your+ expectations. . . expectations so clearly written in Your+ Word. . .  Your+ Word which I know.

It is not too hard for YOU+, my LORD and SAVIOR+ to bring correction unto my stubborn Self and Self-centered Life. Help me to receive Your+ Corrections of my time, my conversations, my conduct, my dress... all of my life.

Help me, O LORD, to receive YOU+… and forsake my Self.

This I pray, O LORD GOD, in the Life-giving Name of Thy SON+ JESUS CHRIST. 
Amen

+  +  +

Come unto ME+,
all ye that labor and are heavy laden,
and I+ will give you rest.

Take My+ yoke upon you, and learn of ME+;
for I+ am meek and lowly in heart:

and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For My+ yoke is easy, and My+ burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30
 

No comments: